Thursday, December 9, 2021 / by Kim Blue
10 Habits to Protect your Peace and Energy
- Let go of things you can’t control. It won’t do any good to fret over things you can’t control, right?
- Avoid comparing yourself to others. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go ’round. No one is better than the next person. They are just different.
- Keep your faith larger than your fear. You know the quote, “Faith Over Fear.” Don’t let fear take away your peace.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude. Learn to focus on the positive things in your life to enhance your peace of mind.
- Don’t be afraid to spend time alone. Time alone gives you space to reflect, calm your mind, and replenish your energy.
- Avoid spaces that don’t feel right. Whether it’s a physical space, an online space, a conversation, or a situation… if it doesn’t bring you peace and joy, LEAVE. You’ll know if it doesn’t feel right. And don’t feel bad about leaving. Maybe it’s simply not right for you at that moment.
- Speak kindly to yourself and others. Negative talk and thoughts interfere with your peace of mind. Kindness protects your peace of mind and produces positive energy.
- Avoid people who drain your energy. Again, negativity does nothing for your peace of mind or positive energy. Just avoid it and don’t allow it into your world.
- Pay attention to your triggers. Know what triggers your anxiety and interferes with your peace of mind. Do you find that loud, harsh voices jab at your inner peace? Or maybe too much news on the television disturbs your inner peace? Or maybe a certain kind of music interferes with your peace of mind? Know these triggers and avoid them.
- Be aware of your thoughts. Similar in nature to speaking kindly to yourself and others, be aware of how your thoughts impact your peace and energy. Negative, critical, and harsh thoughts will interfere with your peace and energy just like negative talk.